…But are our cities, the places we live, being built for young people? Do kids really care about the way our city looks? The way it is designed, built and managed?
Two young Saskatoon urban planners are looking to answer those questions. They have created a summer camp designed to engage children as young as 10 in the world of urban design.
At the weekend camp, kids between 10 and 13 learn about everything from zoning bylaws and restrictions to how to design roads, build bridges and bike lanes. They take tours through parks and neighbourhoods and learn about different concepts of urban design.
- nochaosdamnit reblogged this from geographervorr
- geographervorr reblogged this from urbnist
- planningtoride reblogged this from citymaus and added:
- skysix reblogged this from urbnist
- acuriouscity likes this
- noikster likes this
- 7alakeda reblogged this from citymaus
- 7alakeda likes this
- miikey-mcfly likes this
- erninicole reblogged this from urbnist
- soniarani likes this
- panmesa likes this
- plantedcity likes this
- urbnist reblogged this from citymaus
- magdalenexcore likes this
- razxtee reblogged this from dreamsforthecity
- dreamsforthecity reblogged this from captainplanit and added:
- mattcunnington likes this
- citymaus reblogged this from captainplanit and added:
- neonrad reblogged this from captainplanit
- road2ruin likes this
- captainplanit reblogged this from lifeonfoot
- seriousxsarcasm likes this
- wrlittle likes this
- ohhleary said: Man, I wish they had stuff like this when I was a kid!
- lifeonfoot posted this