blogging yesterday’s news.. tomorrow.
berkeley, oakland, sf, san diego, portland. (west coast best coast)
urban planning, bicycling, transportation, public space, walkability.
more listed in tags below.
mission: to transform cities into truly livable places.
@ucsd: urban studies & planning, international studies
@psu: master of urban & regional planning (murp)
- senior research project: Slow to Cycle San Diego [paper / video] — san diego cycle infrastructure implementation compared to san francisco and seattle. 02.2012.
- walking & cycling in Finland and Sweden. — bike x ped infrastructure photos. 12.2011.
- Chicago streets. — some photos of bike x ped infrastructure in the Windy City. 03.2012.
- what is Urban Design? short paper written for a class. 04.2012.
- improving the public realm in Little Italy, San Diego. 05.2012.
- preliminary concept map of Little Italy redevelopment. group project for an urban design class. 05.2012.
- why California High Speed Rail? my view on why we need it. 06.2012.
- Smart Growth — lengthy paper. 03.2011.
bay area, berkeley, bikes, bike touring, chicago, critical mass, cycle chic, cycle infrastructure, cycling story, design, documentary films, energy, environment, events, fixed gear, los angeles, news, new york, oakland, portland, public space, san diego, san francisco, streetcars, streets, ucsd, walkability
- vintage raleigh pursuit mixte road bike
- SE draft lite fixed gear
- before those two: vintage huffy citybike that i sold to a UC Davis freshman. hopefully it hasn’t been stolen and has been getting her to classes on time.
- vintage free spirit citybike that i originally bought for myself, but now my mom uses it occasionally to go to the supermarket and to ride around lake merritt.
- before those two: a kid’s magna that’s presently sitting all sad in my cousin’s garage.
news blurbs and bio at sandiego.urbdezine.
things i like outside of urban planning and bikes: